The assembly block itself locates almost at two third distance from the entrance with a huge plaza with various levels at the back. Assembly block can be viewed from across the river Mandovi as well as when one is coming up the road towards Porvorim from the Mandovi Bridges. The assembly block is basically a two storeyed building with basement. Its main floor is the podium level which is directly accessible to the main floor of the assembly hall. The speaker and MLAs arrive on the first floor and the speaker has his lounge for the VIP’s on the first level. He then descends the steps to take his place in the hall.
- Basement - Basement is used as reception room.
- First floor - This floor is accommodated with ruling lobby, opposition lobby, speaker’s foyer, and officer’s chamber./li>
- Second floor - Second floor provides six galleries to witness the assembly session.
- One press gallery – Amongst these galleries ‘D’ block has been earmarked for press/Journalists. Only Press/journalists are permitted in this gallery. It is equipped with CCTV network and ear phones in order to record accurate proceedings of assembly session.
- One speaker’s Gallery - Here only distinguished guests VVIP’s are permitted to witness the assembly session.
- Four Visitors Galleries - Four visitors galleries are allotted for general public.
This block is well lit with 12 designer chandeliers, halogens and other sources of lights. It is also equipped with central A.C. system, and provided with VIDEO ARCHIVAL SYSTEM to telecast the live proceedings of assembly sessions with two pan-till-zoom camera and four simple cameras. Sound system is maintained by Digital network congress. Voting Status Display, help during voting session, so as to vote and display the results is also provided in this block.